Subway has a variety of breads for all of your sandwich needs. The most popular Subway sandwich is the 9-Grain Wheat, which is made with whole wheat flour, cracked wheat, cracked rye, oats, millet, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and more. If you’re looking for something lighter but still filling, try their Honey Oat bread subway sandwich. And if you’re in the mood for something sweet but not too sweet, try our cinnamon swirl bread—it’s so good!
Subway’s bread is a great option for anyone who wants something low-carb, gluten-free, or vegan. You can choose from 12 types of bread, including whole wheat, ciabatta rolls, and flatbread.
The Subway sandwich chain also offers a number of different types of wheat bread that go beyond just the traditional white variety. The company has started offering “artisan” breads with more flavor profiles like multigrain and sourdough varieties.
They have a wide variety of breads to choose from, including:
- Subway’s Classic 9-Grain Wheat Bread
- Subway’s Italian Herbs & Cheese Bread
- Subway’s Honey Oat Bread
- Subway’s Sourdough Bread
What Kinds of Bread does subway serve?
Subway serves many different kinds of bread, but the most popular is their wheat bread, which comes in a variety of flavors. You can order your sandwich with white or wheat bread, or you can opt for their sourdough bread—a whole-grain option that’s slightly more nutritious than the other two.
Subway serves a variety of wheat breads on its sandwiches. The most common kinds are:
- Butter Bread – this is the standard wheat bread that Subway uses for its sandwiches. It’s white and soft, with a slight buttery flavor.
- Sourdough Bread – this is similar to the Butter Bread, but it’s made with sourdough starter instead of yeast. It has a slightly tangy flavor and is a bit chewier than the Butter Bread.
- Italian Bread – this is a white bread that is crustier than the Butter and Sourdough varieties, but still soft inside. It has a milder flavor than both of those varieties as well.
- Wheat Bread – this has a much heartier texture than any other variety of Subway sandwiches; it’s crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Wheat Bread tastes great when used as part of a sandwich filled with fresh vegetables!
What is the difference between white, whole wheat bread, and rye bread?
There are a lot of different types of breads out there, but the main ones you’ll see on your supermarket shelves are white, whole wheat, and rye.
- Whole wheat bread is made with all of the flour in the entire wheat kernel. The bran and germ are left intact, resulting in a heartier, denser loaf that’s high in fiber and nutrients like vitamin E and iron.
- White bread is made from only part of the wheat berry—the endosperm, which is where most of the carbs are found. That’s why white bread has less fiber than whole wheat and rye.
- Rye bread is made from rye flour, but it’s not exclusively made from rye flour—you’ll often find it mixed with corn or wheat flour, too. Rye bread has more protein than other types of bread (about 12 grams per slice), which makes it a great source of fiber if you’re trying to lose weight then Rye bread is the best.
What kinds of sandwiches can you get at Subway?
Subway sandwich has a wide variety of breads, meat, toppings and sauces that you can choose from.
There are 7 different types of bread, including whole wheat, Italian, French, and sourdough. Some of these options are available in different sizes, so you can get the size that best suits your appetite.
You can also choose from 6 different meats: turkey breast, roast beef, ham, chicken breast, Italian salami and pepperoni slices. You can get meats in different sizes as well.
Subway offers various toppings and sauces for your sandwich as well. You can choose from lettuce and tomato slices to pickles or olives. There are also plenty of cheeses available: American cheese slices or pepper jack cheese slices. If you’d like something sweet or spicy on your subway sandwich instead of cheese then try adding some honey mustard sauce or jalapeño peppers!
What Type of Bread does subway Use?
Subway has a wide variety of bread to choose from. From the classic Italian to the Hearty Italian and Sourdough, Subway has a number of options for your sandwich needs.
If you’re looking for something more unique, try one of their specialty breads: the French Bread, Roasted Garlic Bread or Focaccia Bread. You can also create your own specialty bread by choosing any two or three of their standard options.
You can find all kinds of bread at Subway. The most common is white bread, but you can also get wheat bread or multigrain bread if you prefer those. If you want something more unusual, try an everything bagel or ciabatta bread—both delicious options!
Subway also offers a wide range of toppings for your sandwich. You can choose from meats like turkey breast or roast beef, as well as different kinds of cheese like American cheese or Swiss cheese (or both!). There are also many veggies available for your sandwiches: lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, pickles…the list goes on! You could even get some olives if you really want to go all out!